Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Personal Learning Networks

I had never really looked at my Personal Learning Network (PLN) as being such an interactive web. I have had the thought in the library before that I click on a picture of my friend on facebook, but the picture is taken by someone I don't know and soon I'm looking through this stranger's pictures and I feel really creepy. I guess thats just one way my PLN is overlapping into other's lives, even those who I have never and probably will never meet.

I think some of these PLN ideas are great. We learned about teacher share in one of my classes and I love the support it brings to first year students. Any teachers reading this, check it out at http://teachershare.scholastic.com/. I'm excited to sign up for more of these once I get closer to my student teaching and I know what grade I will be working with and where I will be.

I also signed up for Nike+. I got new running shoes for Christmas from my work and Santa kindly brought me the Nike+ technology for Christmas. I've been waiting to get some free time to sign up for this service, and now that I have I'm super pumped. I can even add friends and we can share workouts, and motivate each other to run more. I can also track my progress on my runs and find local events in my are to help me set a goal to train for. This is a really great feature, and so convenient to use. I also looked at the nike running blog to help assist me in my running endeavors. They even have "challenges" I can sign up for. I think it will be a good supplemental tool to the Nike+.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't even know Nike had a feature like that. That is really cool!

    ReplyDelete