Wednesday, January 13, 2010


My first experience creating a blog was very fun. Luckily, my roommate has created a blog before and knew the basics of how to get started. I really enjoyed going online and finding a background that I liked and I feel like is very "me". I also liked being able to manipulate all the fonts and colors and things. I have never used a webcam by myself before, so it was a bit scary and wierd to think about looking at the camera, more than looking at the screen. The video is also a bit delayed on the picture in comparison to the sound, and I'm hoping with more practice I may be able to remedy that problem, whether by using a different computer or learning a new technique.

I am excited to learn more about technology for many reasons. For one, I am going to be a high school teacher and I am sure most of the students will know more about technology than I do. It is a very technological generation and I think one great way to relate to the students and make an impact in their lives will be through technology. I am also excited because whatever I learn I can share with my mom and sister, who are both teachers. I also would like to create a blog for personal use to keep my family, who i do not live near, updated on my life. I would like to learn how to rip video from DVD or the web to a blog or a powerpoint, how to create better powerpoints, more interactive and more aesthetically pleasing, and basically just to feel more comfortable about technology and how it can be incorporated into my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment